PROFESSIONAL CHIMNEY SWEEPING SERVICES | DERBYSHIRE / NOTTINGHAM
The primary reason for the sweeping of chimneys is to remove flammable soot and creosote to aid in the prevention of chimney fires. These extremely fierce fires can be very dangerous and possibly lead to house fires and loss of life.
Secondary reasons for sweeping of flues are to ensure a clear passage way which the toxic exhaust gasses can escape through. Deaths through carbon monoxide poisoning have been well documented in the press and a major cause is a blocked flue way.
How often should your chimney be cleaned?
- Smokeless Coals: At least once a year
- Wood: Once a season when in use
- Bitumous Coal: Twice a year
- Oil: Once a year
- Gas: Once a year
NOTE: Many insurance companies will not pay for claims where regular maintenance intervals have not been observed and documented by certification
- Sweeping your chimney will greatly reduce the build-up of creosote and soot and hence minimise the risk of chimney fire, soot falls and blockages.
- Obstructions such as Bird Nests, Soot falls, Building Debris and even leafs and cobwebs can be removed. A smoke draw test will be performed on all chimneys at no extra charge.
- A .1st Peak chimney sweep can provide valuable advice on many different aspects of your fireplace, flue, terminal and ventilation requirements as well as a multitude of other things regarding to heating your house safely and efficiently with minimal impact on the environment.
- We carry out sweeping on all types of domestic and commercial chimneys and flues and have many contracts with housing associations, builders, councils, pub chains and letting agents. Many of these contracts are outside of our regular working area and are priced individually so please do not hesitate to ask
An insurance company approved certificate will always be issued on completion of your sweep or service.
TAR / CREOSOTE REMOVAL
We also have specialist equipment for the removal of hard baked on tar that can form in chimneys when burning inappropriate fuel or unsuitable burning practices are used. This tar will not be removed by normal sweeping, chemical or powered rotary cleaning methods must be used, we are fully equipped for both of these methods and we always CCTV the flue after one of these treatments to ensure your flue is fully cleaned and fit for use. We are able to carry this service out all over the UK